Software Engineer – Databricks Product (Databricks)
We are looking for full-stack developers to work with a cross-functional team in our San Francisco office. You will collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers and other cross-functional teams to design tools for data science, machine learning and big data automation. You should feel comfortable working autonomously as well as collaborating with fellow engineers and designers.
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the team who created Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
- Write server and client side code for Databricks applications and provide feedback to the pull requests of other team members.
- Work both as an individual and in a team to deliver features and architectural improvements.
- Work directly with product management and design to plan, develop and iterate on prototypes.
- Full ownership including: designing, implementing, testing and metric analysis.
- Experience with: large scale distributed computing, usability, and user experience.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks.
- Production quality coding standards and patterns.
- Passion for developing amazing customer experiences.
- 4+ years of general software programming experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
Job posted 9/12/2017