Senior Software Engineer – Spark team (Cloudera)
The Software Engineering team is seeking motivated, experienced Senior Software Engineers for the Spark team in Budapest. Spark is a unified engine for big data processing. It is used by most Hadoop components and it’s deployed at a wide range of organizations to process large datasets. We work on the open source Apache Spark project and also on integrating Spark to Cloudera’s Hadoop distribution.
Over the past 5+ years, Cloudera has experienced tremendous growth making us the leading contributor to Big Data platform and ecosystem and a leading provider for enterprise solutions based on Apache Hadoop. You will work with some of the best engineers in the industry who are tackling challenges that will continue to shape the Big Data revolution. We foster an engaging, supportive and productive work environment where you can do your best work. The team culture values engineering excellence, technical depth, grassroots innovation, teamwork and collaboration.
In this team you will be immersed in many exciting, cutting edge technologies and projects.
- contribute to the Apache Spark project, implement new features, troubleshoot and fix issues, improve the performance of the system, and push the limits of scalability
- integrate the latest changes into our distribution, ensure that Spark works flawlessly with other Hadoop components
- own the Cloudera Spark releases, maintain the build & packaging infrastructure, testing and related tooling
- cooperate with our release team to ensure we can continuously improve the quality of our releases
- work together with our experienced support engineers to solve the hardest customer issues
- build the Budapest site, help to grow and improve our team and your team mates
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience
- relevant industry experience
- strong Java or Scala skills, with the ability to hit the ground running working in a large and quickly evolving open source codebase
- experience in Java development/debugging, multithreading programming, and in addressing scale and performance problems
- strong grasp of algorithms and data structure fundamentals: O(log n) vs O(n) matters a lot when N is 100 petabytes
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- ability to work in distributed team, in a highly dynamic environment with competing priorities and to find the balance between community and project work.
- self-motivated, innovative, and proactive personality. A person who enjoys team environment as well as can make individual impact.
You might also have…
- MS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience
- experience with Scala, Spark or other Apache Hadoop related technologies
- experience in development, monitoring and maintenance of scalable Cloud based services or other massively distributed systems
- effective involvement in open source community
The role has a scalable scope for candidates with strong engineering experience. If this position has piqued your interest and you have what we described – we invite you apply!
An adventure in data awaits.
Job posted 9/12/2017