Software Engineer – Python (Databricks)
At Databricks, we make Big Data simple. The state-of-the-art in Big Data is “simple things complex, complex things impossible.” We think the future should be “simple things easy, and complex things possible.” Join us to build a next-generation Big Data platform that users love.
We believe in building a team with high caliber people from a wide number of areas and cross-pollination to spark new ideas. As a matter of fact, Apache Spark itself is an example of adapting ideas from traditional data warehouses, Hadoop, and machine learning. In the past, single-node tools, Hadoop, and traditional data warehouses have largely been developed by disjoint communities. We want to change that.
As a software engineer in the Spark team, your primary responsibility is to make big data simple by crafting beautiful APIs and and efficient engines. You will bring your deep knowledge and expertise with Python to the table and apply them to many other parts of the Spark and Databricks stack. You will work side-by-side with world’s leading experts in distributed systems and database systems to benefit data processing large and small.
- Understanding of Python internals
- Experience with Python data tools (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, Numba), not only as an end-user, but as a tool builder
- Attitude for simple, elegant design
- Willing and able to pick up a new language or framework in hours
- Experience with JVMs optional but a plus
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Maternity and paternity plans
- Awesome co-workers
Job posted 8/30/2016