SOFTWARE ENGINEER BACKEND (Zalando)
As a Zalando Back-end Software Engineer, you will build, scale and continuously improve the software of one of the world’s largest e-commerce platforms. Whether junior- or senior-level, you will use cutting-edge technologies to create high-performance applications that scale. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we work. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand—while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we are looking for
- Deep knowledge of Scala, Java or Python
- Experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis) databases
- Enthusiasm for microservices architectures, distributed systems and RESTful APIs
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- English language fluency
- Help design and build our distributed microservices landscape and evangelize best practices
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Use agile methodologies
- Think big-picture: Constantly evaluate our work and processes and challenge us
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes & autonomous teams — and using cutting edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Lyudmila Barabash at email@example.com.
Job posted 10/12/2015