Software Engineer in Support (Streamsets Inc.)
StreamSets’ Software Engineers in Support are comprehensive product experts. We collaborate with our customers, business teams, and development teams, continually building upon and applying our deep technical knowledge and skills across the product suite at every level. Software Engineers in Support also spend their time working on projects that affect many parts of the organization, contributing bug fixes, advocating for features with the product team, and managing Customer expectations.
We have a bias towards action and have a deep empathy for our Customers’ most critical issues. Software Engineers in Support solve important problems and provide tangible solutions in uniquely collaborative and creative ways; we are integral to the success of StreamSets.
- Become a StreamSets Product Expert Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams in the development and design of creative solutions for the field
- Diagnose and resolve issues encountered in the field
- Provide education and guidance on configuring and working with StreamSets products to prevent problems before they occur
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements Coordinate and manage customer contact for critical product issues
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Awesome problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and define product and customer needs
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
- Server-side or backend programming experience in Java or other mainstream languages
- Experience with or eagerness to learn Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Mesos, AWS, Elastic, etc. a big plus
Job posted 1/20/2017