Software Engineer, Cloud Services (Cloudera)
Cloudera is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to play a key role in advancing Cloudera’s product offerings in the cloud. In this role, you will be at the intersection of two white-hot areas in today’s technical landscape: the Cloud and Big Data.
Over the past few years, Cloudera has experienced tremendous growth, making us the leading contributor to the Hadoop ecosystem and a leading provider of enterprise solutions for Big Data. The purpose of this team is to accelerate Cloudera’s next stage of growth by enabling our customers to unlock the full potential of the cloud and Hadoop. On this team, you will be immersed in many exciting, innovative technologies and projects that will be critical to our customers’ data management needs in the cloud.
- 8+ years of industry experience building SaaS at scale with a keen focus on maintainability, operability, and security.
- Java preferred, but we’re equally happy hiring people versed in C/C++/C#/Scala/Go.
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structure fundamentals.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proven experience designing and implementing features in large distributed systems that scale well – to petabytes of data and tens of thousands of nodes.
- Demonstrated ability to work on large cross-functional projects, including strong written communication skills and a collaborative mindset, as you will be working with many teams inside and outside of Cloudera.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on systems level problems.
- Experience building secure systems that handle sensitive data
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker.
- Experience with microservices and API development.
- Worked with Cloudera Director or similar products.
- Joining Cloudera is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry who are tackling challenges that will continue to shape the Big Data revolution. We foster an engaging, supportive and productive work environment where you can do your best work. The team culture values engineering excellence, technical depth, grassroots innovation, teamwork and collaboration. We welcome “The Startup Spark”, a desire to create new things, dive in wherever there’s a need, and learn new things.
- Amazing people – We are a fun and smart team, including many of the top luminaries in Hadoop and related open source communities. We frequently interact with the research community, collaborate with engineers at other top companies and host cutting edge researchers for tech talks.
- Innovative work – Cloudera pushes the frontier of big data and distributed computing, as our track record shows. We test and deploy our code on clusters with hundreds of nodes, terabytes of RAM, and petabytes of storage. We work on high-profile open source projects, interacting daily with engineers at other exciting companies, speaking at meet-ups, etc.
- Great culture – Transparent and open meritocracy. Everybody is always thinking of better ways to do things, and coming up with ideas that make a difference. We build our culture to be the best workplace in our careers.
Job posted 1/20/2017