Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Services (Cloudera)
Cloudera is looking for an accomplished Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to lead a team that will play a key role in advancing Cloudera’s product offerings in the cloud. In this role, you will be at the intersection of two white-hot areas in today’s technical landscape: the Cloud and Big Data.
Over the past few years, Cloudera has experienced tremendous growth, making us the leading contributor to the Hadoop ecosystem and a leading provider of enterprise solutions for Big Data. The purpose of this team is to accelerate Cloudera’s next stage of growth by enabling our customers to unlock the full potential of the cloud and Hadoop. On this team, you will be immersed in many exciting, innovative technologies and projects that will be critical to our customers’ data management needs in the cloud.
- Track our cloud customer SLAs and be on-call to ensure total conformity to these customer commitments.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate documentation for the purpose of operational audits including security and compliance.
- Coordinate internal activities across company and our cloud partners, ensuring achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Continuously review and enhance processes and operating procedures needed to maintain the most cost effective enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure.
- Innovate and automate improvements to our Cloud Operations.
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for the setup, configuration and management including databases, servers, and network and storage systems.
- Experience building a successful SaaS offering from scratch – influencing technology decisions, building processes and best practices.
- 5+ years industry experience in a DevOps, site reliability engineering, or software engineering role.
- Experience supporting production SaaS and adhering by other key metrics such as reliability and high availability.
- Experience with performance analysis, troubleshooting, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Experience with automating deployment of software to production instances and owning software releases.
- Experience instrumenting applications to provide deployment related metrics.
- Been part of the on-call rotation to help ensure services stay up and running.
- Strong Linux and systems experience.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with modern configuration management frameworks like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience coding in Python and scripting in bash preferred.
- Experience building secure cloud-based systems that handle sensitive data
- Joining Cloudera is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry who are tackling challenges that will continue to shape the Big Data revolution. We foster an engaging, supportive and productive work environment where you can do your best work. The team culture values engineering excellence, technical depth, grassroots innovation, teamwork and collaboration. We welcome “The Startup Spark”, a desire to create new things, dive in wherever there’s a need, and learn new things.
- Amazing people – We are a fun and smart team, including many of the top luminaries in Hadoop and related open source communities. We frequently interact with the research community, collaborate with engineers at other top companies and host cutting edge researchers for tech talks.
- Innovative work – Cloudera pushes the frontier of big data and distributed computing, as our track record shows. We test and deploy our code on clusters with hundreds of nodes, terabytes of RAM, and petabytes of storage. We work on high-profile open source projects, interacting daily with engineers at other exciting companies, speaking at meet-ups, etc.
- Great culture – Transparent and open meritocracy. Everybody is always thinking of better ways to do things, and coming up with ideas that make a difference. We build our culture to be the best workplace in our careers.
Job posted 1/20/2017