Software Engineer – Machine Learning (Databricks)
At Databricks, we make Big Data simple. The state-of-the-art in Big Data is “simple things complex, complex things impossible.” We think the future should be “simple things easy, and complex things possible.” Join us and work with world’s leading experts in distributed systems, databases, and networking to help build a next-generation Big Data platform that users love.
As a software engineer in the advanced analytics team you will implement machine learning algorithms in Spark that scale to massive datasets and build tools that help users apply machine learning in practice. You will also work with world’s leading experts in distributed systems and integrate machine learning solutions into Databricks.
In your work, you will need to have a high-level view of machine learning to help guide major decisions, a deep understanding of the mathematics to ensure proper implementation, and strong engineering skills to make deliverables in Spark and Databricks.
Databricks was founded by the creators of Apache Spark. We have built a team of the best minds in the world in the field of big data, and we are looking someone equally passionate to grow with us. As an example of our engineering accomplishments, we set the 2014 record for Daytona Sort Benchmark in the 100TB category. We are the first in history to set this record using a combination of public cloud infrastructure and open source software.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, math, or similar fields.
- Thorough knowledge of machine learning, statistics, graph algorithms, linear algebra, and numerical optimization.
- Thorough knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles.
- Experience with distributed systems such as Spark and Hadoop.
- General-purpose languages such as Scala, Java, Python, and C++.
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization using R, MATLAB,SQL, or PyData.
- Experience with building end-to-end machine learning products.
- Publications in top machine learning conferences or journals.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Job posted 1/6/2016