Product Manager, Apache Spark (Databricks)
At Databricks, we make Big Data simple. The state-of-the-art in Big Data is “simple things complex, complex things impossible.” We think the future should be “simple things easy, and complex things possible.” Join us and work with world’s leading experts in distributed systems, databases, and networking to help build a next-generation Big Data platform that users love.
Apache Spark is revolutionizing the way people interact with their data and seeing exponential growth in user adoption. Join us to help work with our customers and the Spark community at large to define Spark’s roadmap. You will work with the world’s leading experts in distributed systems, databases, and networking to help build the next generation of data management software. You will develop consensus around Spark’s priorities and roadmap and deliver the message about Spark development back to users and customers.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable managing highly technical projects and (ideally) has experience with open source communities. A technical background of some sort is required and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Come work with a great team help drive the fastest growing open source project in big data.
Databricks was founded by the creators of Apache Spark. We have built a team of the best minds in the world in the field of big data, and we are looking someone equally passionate to grow with us. As an example of our engineering accomplishments, we set the 2014 record for Daytona Sort Benchmark in the 100TB category. We are the first in history to set this record using a combination of public cloud infrastructure and open source software.
- Helping curate the Apache Spark roadmap based on engineering priorities, conversations with Databricks customers, Spark users at large, and the Spark community.
- Tracking delivery of Spark features against roadmap commitments. Coordinating with engineering teams to make sure features are delivered on time.
- Messaging the Spark roadmap and features outbound to the community and Databricks customers. Producing written material and talks associated with new Spark features.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or technical product management
- Sufficient technical expertise to be comfortable discussing Spark features and user requirements
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or industry experience as a software engineer (advanced degrees are considered a plus)
- Comfort with technology landscape in following domains: Spark/Hadoop ecosystem, Java/Scala and JVM projects, distributed analytic RDMBS (a plus), advanced analytics tools – such as R, Python, Matlab, SAS, etc (a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a product management role or experience with open source communities
- Medical, dental, vision4
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome co-workers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Job posted 1/6/2016