Innovation Powershouse (Bloomberg)New York, NY
Date posted: March 5, 2015
BLOOMBERG IS AN INNOVATION POWERHOUSE.
We provide smarter, faster information for the world’s leading financial markets by combining domain knowledge with machine learning, natural language processing and search technology, and deploying mission-critical software on top of state-of-the-art compute architecture. The Bloomberg Terminal gives clients the unmatched edge they rely on.
We are looking for data scientists and software engineers with the following skills and experience:
- Data and Analytics Infrastructure – Spark, HBase, Kafka
- Distributed Systems – Theory and practice
- Compute Platforms – OpenStack, YARN, Mesos
- Solr and other Lucene based search technologies
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Classification, Regression, Relevance, Ranking
- Automated Systems Management – Chef, OpenTSDB
- Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization development – Greenplum, Cognos
- 45 minutes–the time it took for an economic bureau to correct its unemployment numbers. Imagine the possibilities of being in front of that gap.
- Russia is hit with sanctions and retaliates banning the import of cheese from the EU–except Switzerland–who are the winners and losers?
- How can you identify and seize on the correlation of a tsunami and an automotive paint factory?
- What do lettuce prices have to do with financial markets?
- And who needs to know?
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
JOIN US: jobs.bloomberg.com
LEARN MORE: bloomberglabs.com and @bloomberglabs
ASK QUESTIONS: Aviv Wecler; email@example.com