Software Engineer – Distributed Systems (Pepperdata)
Are you one of the best systems engineers around? Do you love building bulletproof distributed systems, hacking the Linux kernel, or playing in the guts of Hadoop? Have you seen companies and products be transformed by the power of data? Are you a superstar who wants to work with coworkers who will challenge you, while building products that will change the world?
If so, Pepperdata might be the perfect place for you.
We’re looking for a few world-class software engineers who can hack the guts of a complex system to optimize performance and reliability, while always keeping customer needs in mind.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Extremely strong systems engineering skills.
- Experience optimizing system performance, ideally in Linux.
- Experience developing large-scale, data-heavy distributed systems such as Hadoop.
- Solid numerical intuition and common sense; ability to find the right 80/20 solution.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Minimum eight years of industry experience.
- Fantastic colleagues: Our engineering team has a median of over 15 years of experience building at web scale and with enterprise quality, and our sales team has decades of experience selling enterprise data software.
- Transparency and open, respectful discussion: We don’t hide or dilute information. We’re deeply invested in having the entire team understand the ins and outs of our business and the rapidly evolving market. We know that a room full of very smart people has no place for even one large ego.
- Customer focus: As we grow, we remain humbled by the fact that some of the world’s leading companies run their businesses on our software.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stake in the company
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- “Do what’s right” time-off policy (and we really do take vacations!)
Pepperdata’s founding team has been working with big data since long before it was Big Data. At companies like Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, and Inktomi, we’ve seen from the inside the huge impact that comes from quickly and reliably making use of massive amounts of data and computational power. We’re solving really hard problems, and we move fast but engineer things the right way.
Job posted 4/26/2017