Customer Success Engineer (HADOOP) (Pepperdata)
At Pepperdata, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy going to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes and challenges.
- Focus on customer’s satisfaction, know the customer’s business and workflows and develop the proper contact network within accounts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Own account relationship and drive overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- Work with and bring in experts/specialists where required, while maintaining oversight of all account activities.
- 4+ years of customer service, including 2+ years HADOOP and 2+ years with Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred).
- Familiarity with Big Data players and landscape.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud (helpful, not required).
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Fantastic colleagues: Our engineering team has a median of over 15 years of experience building at web scale and with enterprise quality, and our sales team has decades of experience selling enterprise data software.
- Transparency and open, respectful discussion: We don’t hide or dilute information. We’re deeply invested in having the entire team understand the ins and outs of our business and the rapidly evolving market. We know that a room full of very smart people has no place for even one large ego.
- Customer focus: As we grow, we remain humbled by the fact that some of the world’s leading companies run their businesses on our software.
- Competitive salary with commission on renewals
- Meaningful stake in the company
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- “Do what’s right” time-off policy (and we really do take vacations!)
Pepperdata enables enterprises to rely on Hadoop in production. Pepperdata’s real-time cluster optimizer dynamically adjusts cluster utilization based on customer priorities so that jobs run faster, more reliably, and more efficiently. Pepperdata installs on existing clusters and works with any Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks.
Job posted 4/26/2017