Spark Developer (Qubole)
As an early engineer in Qubole – you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of open source and proprietary technologies, participate in building and architecting next generation cloud-native data processing systems and work closely with customers in furthering their use cases. The future in these areas is yet to be invented and we at Qubole look forward to be an important part of it!
What you will do:
- Work on building a reliable and scalable Spark as a Service offering.
- Solve challenging problems at the core execution layer of the Spark engine.
- Work with customers to understand their needs on emerging use cases like stream processing and machine learning and build them into our product.
- Open source the Spark features you built by contributing back to Apache.
What you need:
- Strong in algorithms and have good experience with Java/Scala.
- Knowledge of Spark/Hadoop and how it works (or a willingness and enthusiasm to learn).
- Experience in building/debugging distributed systems.
Good to have:
- Contributed to Open Source projects like Hadoop/Spark/Hive/HBase or others in the big data eco-system.
- Masters degree in computer science or related engineering field.
Job posted 6/1/2016