SOFTWARE ENGINEER- SPARK (Hortonworks)
Hortonworks is looking for an exceptional passionate software engineer with strong distributed systems expertise to join the Hortonworks’ Spark engineering team.
- Drive architecture, design, and implementation of key elements of Apache Spark, including Spark on YARN, Spark SQL and Spark Core
- Collaborate with and contribute to the Apache Spark community – all the work that we do is 100% open source
- Work with product management and quality assurance teams to deliver high quality products
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Passionate about programming. Clean coding habits, attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development with strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem components, SQL engines or BI analytics.
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, including process, memory, storage and networking management is highly desired
- Experience with the following: Java/Scala, concurrent programming, test driven development, and related areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop internals
- Recognized contributions to open source projects outside of work
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases – Cassandra, HBase
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Hortonworks is a leading open source technology company powering the next generation of data applications. Our 100% open source platforms (HDP and HDF), powered by Apache Hadoop and Apache NiFI, provide an open and stable foundation for enterprises to build and deploy big data solutions. Hortonworks is the trusted source of information for Open Source Data projects and along with the Apache community is making the extended Hadoop ecosystem robust and easier to manage and use. Hortonworks provides unmatched technical support, training and certification programs for enterprises, systems integrators and technology vendors.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks and HDP are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it’s subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Job posted 5/19/2016