Software Engineer – Database Engine (MemSQL)
About the Position
The database engine team is responsible for building the core database engine behind MemSQL. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row and columnar stores, networking, query optimization, and execution. MemSQL provides the unique benefit or building systems software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. In each release of our product, key features can be attributed to just a handful of engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field.
- At least two years of experience developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux.
- At least two years of experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, and server architectures.
- Experience working on database internals or multi-threaded server internals.
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software.
Perks and Benefits
- Freedom to drive new features, top-of-market benefits, Wellness program, Pre-IPO equity, dog-friendly work space, casual work environment, company-wide trips, team off-sites, catered lunch and dinner five days a week and more
Job posted 5/6/2016