(Senior) Big Data Engineer VORA (SAP)
An energetic and motivated Big Data Developer, who is keen to expand your knowledge and skills and express it in code!
Engage with Hadoop Distribution partners to promote Vora highlighting possible alignment
Help our customers to architect their ecosystem with HANA Vora playing a central role
Identify gaps in open source components and complement them with enterprise ready offering
Provide the proper unit test coverage for your code, using various tools and frameworks, such as JUnit, TestNG
- You would responsible for communication protocols suitable for data processing
- Data Placement Strategy for distributed computing
- Storage and compute resource management
- Multi-tier storage with varying data temperature
- Cloud Security, Authorization, Data Compression, Performance Analysis
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, ideally CS Degree
- You have atleast 2 yrs. of work experience coding in Java with emphasis on functional programming
- Experience with Big Datatechnologies like Hadoop, HDFS and Spark
- Expertise with distributed/parallel algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with Linux, build tools like Maven, Ant
- You are familiar with advanced Java concepts such as “Generics”, “Custom Networking”, or “JDBC Database Access” and you are able to broadly explain their usage and workings.
- You are able to discuss the rules and rationales given in the Google Java or Python Style Guides: https://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.htmlor https://google.github.io/styleguide/pyguide.html.
- You have equivalent practical programming and software project experience of 3 or more years in Java/Scala
- Experience in scala development is a plus
- Knowledge on Spark Internals
- Contributionto open source development especially in the area of hadoop
- Additional Languages:Python, Unit testing frameworks
Job posted 6/2/2016