Think Big Principal Data Engineer (Think Big)
As a member of the Think Big team, you will work with–and learn from–the best people in the industry as you help clients define their Big Data strategy, architect and implement these road maps, and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
Our teams value collaboration and professional growth whether it’s learning an industry when traveling to work with customers, attending our Think Big Academy, or speaking at conferences about our clients’ accomplishments and success. We believe in developing our people to be expert technologists and thought leaders in the Big Data space!
As a Principal Data Engineer you will:
- Provide technical direction to a world class engineering teamCollaborate with Sales and Client Partners to develop new business and manage existing client relationships
- Help establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing to white-papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
- Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Participate in requirements and design workshops with our clients
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects, as well supporting new business development.
- Mentoring junior members on the team in application architecture, design and development best practices
Do you have amazing engineering skills such as:
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Proven expertise in production software development
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java
- Unix experience
- Prior experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig and Map/Reduce
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, C, C++, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
Ideal Principal Data Engineer candidates have the following experience:
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Experience with Avro, Thrift, Protobufs
- JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss, etc.
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Linux expertise
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, XP, scrum, etc)
Do you have what it takes to be a Big Thinker? Apply today to join the best in the industry!
Think Big, A Teradata Company, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Job posted 5/13/2015