Product Manager (MemSQL)
At MemSQL, we believe the only way to truly succeed is to remove the compromises of the past. By delivering an in-memory, distributed database, we allow customers to capture and query high-velocity data with ease. MemSQL enables immediate analysis of every transaction, unprecedented performance, and the ability to deploy and scale easily in your own datacenter or in the cloud.
MemSQL is a Y-Combinator company delivering the leading real-time database for transactions and analytics. Customers include Comcast, Boeing, Samsung, Zynga, and others. MemSQL investors include Accel Partners, Khosla Ventures, In-Q-Tel, First Round Capital, IA Ventures and Data Center Collective. MemSQL has raised $50 million to date.
MemSQL has an incredibly high-caliber team at one of the most exciting high-growth companies in tech. If you have the track record to be part of this elite team, we want to talk to you.
About the Position
Product managers at MemSQL develop and enhance products and solutions for real-time data processing. This individual needs to have the skill set to drive both a high-impact enterprise products and the execution ability to establish product superiority in large and growing market.
This role will cover product management and involve significant cross-functional management with marketing, engineering, operations, support, and finance.
- Set, execute, and champion new product introductions and enhancements.
- Identify, specify, and prioritize product features and capabilities; develop market requirement documents and product requirement documents.
- Develop and engage a developer community.
- Develop pricing and forecasting models for products.
- Drive processes for new product releases and product life-cycle management.
- Create content for competitive materials and product documentation.
- Lead technical training for MemSQL products internally and externally.
- Represent MemSQL with customers, partners, and general audiences. Develop and deliver technical presentations.
- Engage current and potential customers to identify product opportunities, guarantee successful product implementations, and stay abreast of customer needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive experience with databases, data warehouses, Hadoop and Spark ecosystems.
- Additional experience valued in machine learning and distributed processing frameworks.
- Significant experience in product management and track record of successful product delivery.
- Solid knowledge of enterprise data management software and data pipelines, and data-driven applications.
- Detailed experience with database and big data markets.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise databases and applications.
- Desire to help build a high-growth business. Start experience valued.
- Bachelor’s or higher college/graduate degree.
- Excellent leadership, management, and communications skills. Demonstrated ability to partner with engineering teams to deliver new products and features to specifications and on schedule.
- Customer engagement and customer resolution experience with dedication to customer success.
- High-energy drive combined with ability to work as individual contributor.
- Ability to balance technology, marketing, and engineering scenarios.
- Strong work ethic, proven record of rejecting setbacks, and enthusiastic presence to reach ambitious goals.
- Ability and affinity for communication in both formal and informal situations.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Job posted 6/6/2015