Platform Technology Marketing (SAP)
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Platform Technology Marketing – (In-Memory Innovation on Hadoop)
As a key member of the Platform Technology marketing team, you will be driving a wide range of product marketing activities to help SAP develop thought leadership, accelerate adoption, and expand market opportunities. You will be an expert in target IT personas, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the global marketing & sales channel. You’ll conceive and develop innovative global marketing programs, deliver assets and offers and be responsible for programs such as successful execution of product launches and go-to-market campaigns. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into pursuasive benefits are crucial.
- Market intelligence – Be an expert on state of market & extended ecosystem of customers, competitors and partners on how the SQL on Hadoop technology is evolving. Understand various market segments and their maturity in product & technology adoption to help you anticipate customers’ implementation and adoption trend. Key product/companies to follow include Databricks/Spark, Apache Hadoop community (Cloudera, MapR, HortonWork)
- Thought Leadership – Create a thought leadership program that influences the thinking and direction of the Apache Hadoop Community conversation
- Messaging – Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates product in the market. Translate the P&M to compelling sales & marketing collateral and website content that target technologist and decision makers
- Product launch – Plan the global launch of new products and manage the cross-functional implementation across various regions and functions within SAP and partners
- Sales enablement – Develop audience segment-specific content and program to communicate the value proposition of the product to the sales team and assist in development of the sales tools that support the selling process of the product
- Demand generation – Develop the strategy and manage global marketing programs & events that drive awareness and leads in coordination with regional marketing teams.
- Customer References & Community – Invent ways to win early adopter references and drive growth of freemium version of the product through community outreach
- Reporting and communication – Report on key performance metrics
- 5 to 10 + years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 year’s experience in a field facing role
- Masters or Bachelor’s in business or marketing
- Very strong organization, planning & written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Develop suitable strategy, messaging, and positioning to support respective business and pipeline objectives. Act as expert and is recognized as thought leader and evangelist inside SAP influencing internal solution innovations, core marketing strategies, and external company perception.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Market and Business Situation – Understand the market economics, whitespace and opportunities, and (global) business objectives.
- Inbound Influence on Product Development (Product Marketing) – Provide basic market insights to drive product capabilities. Advocate for the customer. Help to influence and drive innovation.
- Strategic Planning – Contribute to marketing business planning based on corporate priorities and whitespace opportunities. Deliver recommendations to the field.
- Program Planning – Contribute to Integrated Marketing Management on program build through messaging, positioning, content, and respective solution/industry expertise. Contribute the context including some high-level ecosystem insights.
- Core Content Development – Act as subject matter specialist, collaborating with Ecosystem & Channel Marketing to define (joint) offerings, positioning, and messaging that will be integrated into marketing programs and campaigns.
- Influencer/ Analyst Management – Perform certain activities to drive strategy/interaction with market stakeholders such as Analyst Relations, Public Relations, and other communication channels (i.e. social media) to deliver thought leader messages into the market.
- Thought Leadership and Communication – With guidance, serve as a public voice to the market, and act as a solution evangelist.
- Develop Core Assets and Offers – Develop certain customer facing assets and ensure respective rollout and availability to marketing program managers and execution teams.
- Sales Enablement – Provide direct support (i.e. deal support, messaging, deal cycle, analysis, etc.) to sales teams.
- Independently assess, analyze, and evaluate messages and market reactions (i.e. via social media channels) to optimize marketing strategies and influence communication.
- Minimum 4-7 years of related experience
- Project leadership (medium to large-scaled projects)
- Supporting organizational change
- Guiding and mentoring peers and/or junior level colleagues
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: email@example.com, APJ: firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Job posted 6/2/2015