Data Scientist – Research and Development (Toyota Motor Sales, USA)
We are looking for diverse, highly-motivated, enthusiastic and creative Team Members looking to join Toyota in the enablement of new technology capabilities that support a data driven culture.
We are looking for leaders that can bring our Data Science practices to the next level. This person must be hands-on and passionate about deriving Business Insights through predictive modeling efforts.
Reporting to the Data Science, Research and Development Senior Technology Manager, the person in this role will lead a team of Data Scientists and support the Toyota Collaborative Advanced Analytics Program.
- Perform hands-on data manipulation, transformation, hypothesis testing and predictive modeling
- Collaborate on insights with other Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and Partners
- Evaluate, refine, and continuously improve the efficiency and accuracy of existing Predictive Models
- Champion new innovative ideas around the Data Science and Advanced Analytics practices
- Creatively communicate and present models to business customers and executives, utilizing a variety of formats and visualization methodologies.
A successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, or related discipline; or at least 8 years of equivalent work experience
- Data mining, customer segmentation and predictive modeling experience
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience turning analytical results into compelling stories which influences business direction
- Hands on experience with Spark along with Open Source and Big Data Technologies, such as:
- Java, Python, or Scala
- NoSQL, JSON
- Impala, Hive, or SparkSQL
- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, or other NoSQL Technologies
- Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A successful candidate may have experience with:
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and Statistics (Linear and Non Linear Regression, Multivariate Adaptive Regression, Decision Trees, K-means Clustering, SVM, Neural Networks, Random Forest)
- R or SAS
- Text Mining
- Big Data enabled Advanced Analytics Platform such as Alpine Chorus or RapidMiner
- Social Media Data and Sensor Data
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Automotive Domain specifically in Customer Segmentation
- Tableau, D3, or JQuery
- Stanford NLP
Job posted 6/6/2015