Data Scientist, Advanced Solutions (Alteryx)
Alteryx is the leader in data blending and advanced analytics software. Alteryx Analytics provides analysts with an intuitive workflow for data blending and advanced analytics that leads to deeper insights in hours, not the weeks typical of traditional approaches. Analysts love the Alteryx analytics platform because they can deliver deeper insights by seamlessly blending internal, third party, and cloud data, and then analyze it using spatial and predictive drag-and-drop tools. This is all done in a single workflow, with no programming required.
Alteryx has an immediate opportunity for a Data Scientist – Advanced Solutions who will be responsible for working on high-end problems that require advanced analytics tool development that will then be more completely productized and brought into Alteryx. This role has a heavy focus on integration with and contribution to Spark and other distributed platforms. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for leading the way in leveraging cutting edge technologies within Alteryx products, workflows and applications. Through your expert level understanding of advanced analytics and how they can be used by customers and partners within Alteryx, you will be a part of the Advanced Analytics team and be responsible for high level contributes to our Predictive Analytics effort as appropriate.
As a member of the Advanced Analytics team you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing relevant technology trends to drive product strategy.
- Designing, building and using Alteryx and complementary technologies for high level POCs and investigations.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas.
- Develop new technologies to improve our products
Data Scientist – Advanced Analytics Requirements
- Master’s degree in statistics, machine learning, computer science with a heavy quant focus, physics, or econometrics, or another highly quantitative field
- Experience using applied statistics or machine learning in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
- Experience developing software either commercially or for open source software projects
- Expertise in at least one statistical programming language, preferably R.
- Expertise in a more traditional object oriented language such as Scala, Java, C++, or Python, with a preference for Scala
- Able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Strong hands-on experience in analytics tools, data mining, and data analysis
- Familiarity with Hive, Hadoop or other NoSQL data management solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong written and verbal presentation.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiencesData Scientist,
Advanced Analytics Preferred Qualifications:
- PhD in statistics, machine learning, econometrics, physics, or a related subject
- Strong programming and development skills in Scala and R
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies, specifically Spark
- 2+ years experience working with large amounts of real data.
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference Data Scientist
Job posted 6/8/2015