Big Data Spark Engineer – Research and Development (Toyota Motor Sales, USA)
We are looking for diverse, highly-motivated, enthusiastic and creative Team Members looking to join Toyota in the enablement of new technology capabilities that support a data driven culture.
We are looking for leaders that can bring our Big Data Engineering practices to the next level. This person must be hands-on and passionate about Data Engineering on the Spark Platform.
Reporting to the Data Science, Research and Development Senior Technology Manager, the person in this role will support the CTO to build the future Big Data compute platform for all Toyota Sensor, Customer, Vehicle, Finance, Parts, and Manufacturing Data working with a team of Big Data Engineers and Data Scientists.
- Provides thought leadership and helps drive Big Data within the organization.
- Designs and develops data pipelines built on Apache Spark, and Hadoop that can perform at scale.
- Collaborates with other Big Data Engineers, Architects, and Data Scientists to achieve company goals.
- Mentors junior members on the team in Big Data Application design and development best practices.
- Builds reference architectures that can be leveraged throughout the company.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of data system modeling and engineering experience on the Spark platform
- Hands on experience with Open Source and Big Data technologies, such as:
- Apache Spark Core and Streaming
- Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Impala, Hive, or Spark SQL
- Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities
- Strong verbal, written and briefing communication skills
A successful candidate may have experience in:
- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, or other NoSQL Technology
- Java, Python, or Scala
- Apache Phoenix
- Cloud – AWS/Azure/Google
- Solr or Elastic Search
Job posted 6/6/2015