We would like to share with you the innovative ways that we use Spark at Ooyala, together with Apache Cassandra, to tackle interactive analytics and OLAP applications.
In particular, we are turning Spark into a Service with our Spark Job Server. The job server has been a big help to our development efforts, providing a single, REST API for:
- enabling interactive query jobs in long-running SparkContexts with shared RDD data
- submitting and managing Spark Jobs on both standalone and Mesos clusters
- tracking and serializing job status, progress, and job results
- providing a programmatic API for job management scripts and query servers
- cancelling problematic jobs
We believe the job server could be a significant help to Spark developer productivity everywhere.